Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass--it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

In the Interim...



Yeah, yeah, I know-- long time, no post.

Well, you will be glad to know that even though I have not been blogging, I have been doing other things. Things like:
  • Going to Utah for my brothers to go to BYU soccer camp. I also was able to go to a rodeo when I was there. Yee-haw! I do like me a good rodeo.
  • Starting an exercise program. I worked out FIVE DAYS in a row last week. For me, that is dang good. And I've worked out three days this week too. Woo hoo! Feelin' good.
  • Beginning work on a personal budget. My parents recommended Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace as a good starting point. My father said that he has found Dave's advice to be sound. So, as Dave says, I'm working on controlling my money and telling it what to do so that lack of money doesn't control me. Sounds pretty good, huh? I have a feeling that learning how to do this now will reap huge benefits in the long run.
  • Being interviewed for an editorial assistant position I applied for. Crossing my fingers...
  • Going to institute on Wednesday nights. It's a good middle-of-the-week spiritual boost.
  • Taking pictures with my family and friends. Yes, we got some strange looks, and I'm sure we inconvenienced more than one little kid when my friends and I took pictures on the playground equipment. Hey, you're only as old as you feel, right? Don't answer that.
  • Painting my toenails purple. YAY! Red is actually my favorite toenail-polish color, but I like purple too. And blue. And occasionally Ferrari yellow.
Some shots from our family picture session:


Families are forever


Do I know these people??

Just kidding. I love my parents and all my siblings. :) Our picture was incomplete without my oldest sister, Tara, who is serving a mission in Chile. She has been out nine months already--can you believe it?? Time just keeps rollin' on.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment