A week or so ago I took my brother to the chiropractor (I've been driving teenagers around a lot these days). My brother was taking my mom's appointment. Keep that in mind--it will be important later.
We were sitting in the office lobby, and the secretary was at her desk, typing away on her computer. I was sitting right in front of her, and my brother was sitting out of her line of sight. Soon, the secretary pulls my mom's information up on her computer. She looks at the screen... and looks at me... and looks back at her computer.
She says to me, "Wow, Natalie (my mom's name)-- you look really good for over 40!"
Yes, yes I do-- it's almost like I'm half that age, isn't it?
We quickly cleared up the misunderstanding--no, I'm not Natalie; I'm her daughter. Which explained a lot. And in all fairness to her, the secretary didn't know my brother was taking my mom's appointment, she had never met my mom, and she could only see me. So naturally, she was a bit confused.
So the question is: Do I look young for 40? Or old for 20? I'm not quite sure how to take this... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment