Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass--it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Back to New Beginnings

Well, a week and a half of school is behind me. This is my THIRD YEAR of college, people. How did that happen? I am officially an Upperclassman. Which deserves an Uppercase letter, don't you think?

Highlights so far:
  • I have submitted to the craze; I'm taking Zumba as an exercise class. Cool, right? And despite how so-totally-gangster I am, I'm afraid I am not very good at it. But it's okay--everyone's learning together. 
  • I met up with some old friends and have made some new ones. It is so nice to come back and see people you know. Kinda makes you feel like you belong.
  • I tried out for the beginning BYU ballroom dance team. No, I didn't make it. But guess what? It's okay. It was a good experience, and I'm glad I went and gave it a shot. 
  • I went on a RUN--several, actually--these past couple weeks. That's right; this is me we're talking about, the girl who has disliked running all her life. And it actually isn't too bad. And I'm actually starting to like it. Weird.
Yes, my classes are good so far; some are interesting, some are a little less interesting, and some are just downright hard (*cough, cough* Latin 302). It is a juggling act, as always, to keep class and homework and work and tutoring and church activities and friends all in a balance. Oh yeah--throw sleep in there sometimes too. But so far I'm feeling pretty good about school and life in general. I'm not perfect, but I'm doing my best with what I have.

1 comment: