I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Mom, you were right. I'll look back at times when we disagreed on something, and you would voice your opinion, but give me the freedom to make my own choice. Sometimes, after considering your opinion, I would do what I wanted anyway, but when I look back I invariably find that you were right. Yes, I should have bought white sheets instead of black; yes, I should have done my hair a little differently for school pictures back in junior high. It's okay--you can say "I told you so."
Thank you for your countless acts of service throughout my life. Thank you for all the help with projects, for the running to and fro from sporting events and choir concerts, and for making meals and cleaning the house and all the other things you do every day. You are an anchor in our home, and everything runs more smoothly when you are there. Even though I'm living on my own now, there is still a sense of security in knowing that I can pick up the phone at any time and call you and you will be there.
Thank you for giving me the opportunities to pursue what I love and for trusting me and letting me grow up and be my own person. Thanks for teaching me how to load a dishwasher, make a meal, use appliances, and do my own laundry. I may not have been completely ready to be on my own, but I was prepared enough because of what you taught me.
Mom, thank you for always being there for me. Thank you for encouraging me and always telling me what I needed to hear. Dating, school, dance, friendship, you name it--somehow your voice can soothe all fears and help me calm down enough to solve problems in any area of life.
Thank you for your faith. Thank you for your strength and courage in trials. So often when you were going through chemotherapy last year, I would call you and you would end up comforting me instead of the other way around.
Mom, thank you for living your life the way you did. Thank you for making and keeping eternal covenants so our family can be together forever. Thank you, thank you, thank you for giving your children the unspeakable gift of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Heaven would not be heaven without our family and without you.
Thanks for everything, Mom. I am so grateful for you, and I thank Heavenly Father every day that you will be here for a long time to come.
Happy birthday, mother of mine.
Happy birthday, mother of mine.
Love forever and for always,
Ariel
Wonderful post for a Wonderful Women!!! Love you Natalie, You are AMAZING!!!
ReplyDelete