This morning all my roomies from last year and I (hooray for M. Smith 149 reunions!) squeezed into Alyson's little tiny car and drove off to Alpine for our friend-and-former-FHE-brother Josh's farewell; he leaves on his mission to Honduras next week. It was so neat; he and his sister who just returned from her mission both spoke today. (Incidentally, my sister gave her farewell today too--she leaves on her mission to Chile next month. I was so sad I wasn't able to go; there was just no way to get there.) They both did so well, and I was happy that we were all able to go and support him.
We weren't the only ones, however.
Since all Josh's guy friends have left on their missions already, all Josh's friends his age that came to see him off were girls; I counted at least twelve, including us. His sister insisted we take a picture as we all walked into his house behind him for the celebration his family gave afterwards.
(Insert picture here: I'm hoping to get him to email it to me before he leaves.)
So funny--he had quite the entourage. :)
Thank you, Josh, for being such a great friend and brother in the gospel. Best of luck the next two years!
No comments:
Post a Comment