Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass--it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Wardrobe Wishes


Oh, the things I would buy if I had money. Fall seems to be the time we think about buying new clothes for school and such, but since I grew up and now have to pay for school (and rent, and food, and computer repairs), clothes have gone down on the list. Don't get me wrong-- I am very, very happy to have the clothes that I do, and grateful that I'm as tall as I'm ever going to be and don't grow out of stuff so I can wear things longer. But if I had a million dollars (or even just a thousand) to spend on clothes alone, these are a few of the things I would buy:

  1. Red, patent leather, peep-toe, four-inch stilettos. Insensible, I know, but who wants to be sensible all the time? I've always wanted a pair of red high heels. They would make me feel tall.. and POWERFUL. Yeah.
  2. A yellow rain jacket. Or a black one. So classic. And nice and warm and dry. (Can you guess what the weather has been like in Provo lately?)
  3. BYU sweats. Coolness, comfort, coziness and Cougar pride all in one. One of my favorite things in the world is feeling the soft fuzzy inside of a new sweatshirt or sweatpants.
  4. Long, knee-length basketball shorts with pockets. My roommate Ashley sold me on this one. Well, sold me as in I want some really bad but can't bring myself to fork over the $30 to buy them. They're long, they're comfortable for both exercising and relaxing, and they have POCKETS. Can't get much better than that.
So, um, yeah, my birthday is coming up soon... :)

    1 comment: