Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass--it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A List of Little Things My Life Would Be INCOMPLETE Without

Since I'm on a list kick lately... (It must be from making all those lists of everything I have to do to prepare for midterms that start this week.) So I present to you: A list of things I've been thinking about recently that life would be INFINITELY less interesting/flavorful/ juicy/entertaining/etc. without. :)
  • Grapefruit. Especially when cold and eaten with a spoon...Mmm. So refreshing. A day started off with grapefruit is a day started out right.
  • Fry sauce. Some people disdain this particular condiment; it is the mutt among the purebreds of ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, and the like. To them I say: Variety is the spice of life. And if you don't have fry sauce with your tater tots, you might as well not eat tater tots at all.
  • Apples and peanut butter. Sweet and salty; crunchy and smooth; light, yet filling. The perfect snack.
  • Garlic. Garlic is my FAVORITE spice. Hands down. I use it in almost everything I cook, and I almost had a panic attack recently when it seemed like I might run out of garlic powder before I could get to the store. I've even considered writing an ode to this venerable spice that I love so much. That's how serious I am about this stuff. Really. :)
  • Chocolate. Enough said.
  • Presto: A Pixar Short Film. This one makes me literally makes me laugh so hard that I double up and can't breathe. Ask my roommate--she gives me strange looks each time this phenomenon takes place. Such a good pick-me-up after a long day.
  • Brian Regan YouTube Videos: If YouTube showed nothing but Brian Regan videos, it would be worth it to me. The best part of it is quoting him with a friend (i.e. my roommate Jessica) who loves him as much as I do. Brian Regan for LIFE!
A motley array, to be sure. But a much-loved one, nonetheless. :)

Photo credit: Leafnode

1 comment: