Sorted out from the big messy heaps.
Receipts and bills, and papers that drove me insane--
Hope I never see that essay again.
I've cleaned out my closets and all of my drawers
And now all I own is spread out on the floor.
Cardboard or plastic, boxes or bags?
(My energy, surprisingly, has not started to lag.)
Boxes of books and bags with shoes and scarves too
There are still piles of school stuff I need to go through.
Pots and pans, laundry, and fleece blankets three
Also add to the packing/moving menagerie.
How did I ever get this much stuff?
Someday I'll say, "Enough is enough!"
I'll ruthlessly throw away stuff I don't use,
Rejecting it much as I would old refuse.
Someday I will. You wait and see.
Someday. What an accomplishment that will be.
I sit and take a breath, resting a tad;
Packing this year hasn't been so bad.
Cleaning will be less fun; tomorrow the tub
And dirty counters and sinks will have to be scrubbed.
Looking around at these bare walls
From them the memories seem to call
Me back; and I smile at the remembrance they bring--
But on to the future, and bigger and better things.
No comments:
Post a Comment