Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass--it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Second Is the Best...

You know that (singsong, semi-taunting?) rhyme we used to say as kids? "First is the worst, second is the best, third is the one with the treasure chest" or whatever? Well, there's some truth to that statement. And it may or may not have to do with my position in my family...  Just kidding. I love all my siblings, and my older sister always has been and will continue to be an inspiration to me.

But seriously, the second day of my spring term here at BYU was much better than the first day.

Yesterday it was FREEZING COLD. Well, not freezing, but quite chilly. And it SNOWED.
Today it was less cold, mostly sunny, and I could feel the warmth of the sunshine on my face. Provo weather, I think we are finally grasping the concept of SPRING. Good job.

Yesterday in my social dance class I felt like an awkward freshman again who didn't know how to deal with people or catch on to the steps. Not so fun.
Today my dance class went much better, and I emerged feeling like at least a semi-competent dancer. Much more fun.

Yesterday, I sat (semi-slept) through a 2-hour-long class that I ended up dropping, that I knew I was going to drop before I went. Not sure what I was thinking. (Can I still play the "Finals fried my brain" card?)
Today, despite some confusion trying to find my Latin 201 class (in the one obscure classroom on the third floor of the Talmage Building--what the random??), I have now nailed down a definite schedule and am certain that I will be sticking with all the classes I attended today. Quite certain, anyway.

Yesterday I had a meeting for my editing internship I'll be doing this term.
Today I actually began my editing internship with the Veteran's Oral History Project. Can you say AWESOME?? The stories of these people are so fascinating, and I can't wait to hear more. It's definitely something I will look forward to putting hours into. P.S. Does anyone know a veteran who lives in the Salt Lake/Provo area? We will come and interview them if you'd like. One of the objects of this project is to provide the families of these veterans with the personal histories.

BYU Spring Term, I think you and I are going to get along after all.


Photo credit: VICCI

3 comments:

  1. I love spring term! Although, I feel like the weather is always playing hot and cold. Spring is always a good time though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you interning? Deseret Book always has really good internships available.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wait. I found it. haha. Congrats on the internship!

    ReplyDelete