So he came down (or up, I should say) from Colorado on a Friday a couple weeks ago to Provo and we made sure that he got a taste of the BYU/Provo experience: Brick Oven Pizza, Divine Comedy, Coldstone, sleeping in the dorms with his buddies, following one of them to classes (including mission prep), and lunch in the Cougareat with one of his two favorite older sisters. :) I saw him and his friend off to Idaho to see the rest of our family on the following Tuesday.
And then guess what? I got to see him that weekend when he came through Provo on his way back to the Academy! Hooray! We went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner, and it was GOOD. I don't think I've been that full for awhile. Gracious me. However, I think I burned quite a few of those calories from how much I laughed at his crazy stories from his and his friend's freshman year thus far at Air Force--stories that included sleepwalking, water-balloon launchers, duct-taping people to chairs, and copious amounts of toilet paper thrown all over a little tiny room, among others.
This is a picture of the handiwork of Nate and his roommate. It was quite the TP job.
Thanks for the good times, little brother. See you in June, and then it will be au revoir while you go off to France for two years on your mission. But after all the goodbyes are done, we only have hellos to look forward to.
Love you, Nate. I'll be seeing you soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment