Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass--it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Coming Home

I am back at home in Idaho, safe and sound, after another term of being away at college. 

I really do love it here in Idaho, with the fields stretching out as far as the eye can see. I don't live in a rural area, but I feel a sense of attachment to the small Idaho towns where my family is rooted. 

It's kind of strange coming home and feeling like I don't really fit in anymore. My family will always love me, and I will always love them, but I guess the gist of it is that I've grown up. I've been on my own for awhile now, and with my social life back in Utah and my family here in Idaho, I feel like I'm in an in-between place. I'm not as dependent as I used to be, but I'm not completely independent either. It's an interesting time of life, full of change and a little uncertainty about what the future holds. 

Of course, some things don't change. I have been re-employed as a chauffeur, assistant cook, playmate, and peanut-butter and jelly sandwich maker. We still spend long days at the soccer fields and most evenings sitting around the dinner table. And yes, you still have to eat quick, or all the food will disappear into those bottomless stomachs I have as brothers. I can still hold my own fairly well with them, but they get bigger, faster, and stronger every day. Home is still an anchor place, even though I've been sailing on my own for awhile.

It's good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment