Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass--it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Not Guilty

(So sometimes I think the title of this blog should be "Random Ramblings/Reflections," because I have a few posts dedicated to such things. That aside, on with the post.)

Gavel


I'm walking down the hill from school today, and I see a police car. A little shiver ran through my body.

I thought, Why is that? Why the reaction? I mean, it's not like I did anything. What was I afraid of? It's not like they would say,

"Hey you! No walking and eating peanut butter M&Ms at the same time!"
or
"A little more to the center of the crosswalk, please!"

I don't know. Maybe this has something to do with the fact that I look/feel guilty even when I'm not guilty. Perhaps it's a case of over-active empathy. When I witness someone getting in trouble or something like that, I feel guilty/embarrassed for them. (Remember the show I Love Lucy? I can't watch it--I get too embarrassed for Lucy.) It's kind of a curse, actually. You know the game Mafia or the game Wolves? The ones where everyone has a role to play, and the Mafia members are trying to "kill" all the citizens? Yes, well, as you may guess, I'm not too good at those games. I always get accused of being Mafia, because I look guilty even when I'm not guilty. This has given my brothers some excellent teasing material over the years.

Well, it's a good thing I don't gamble, because I sure don't have a poker face.

You can bet on it.


Photo: walknboston on flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment