Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass--it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Saturday, June 11, 2011
Yet Another Baking Experiment
Remember how I said I was a compulsive/impulsive baker? Yes, well, it happened again last weekend. For some reason my roommates never protest when I take over the kitchen in one of my spontaneous baking sprees. Can't imagine why.
I made miniature apple turnovers using crescent rolls, and yes, they were a hit. :)
You will need:
4 apples, peeled, cored, and diced
3 tsp orange or lemon juice
3 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp flour
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
Dash of salt
3 tubes crescent rolls
Melted butter
Additional sugar
Dice apples and immediately toss with orange or lemon juice to prevent browning. Mix in sugar, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Open crescent roll tubes and spread the pieces of dough out on greased cookie sheets. Place about two tablespoons of apple mixture in the middle of each piece, and wrap and pinch the dough around it. (Yes, these things have character--it's a little hard to make them all uniform.) Brush each turnover with melted butter, sprinkle sugar on top, and poke two small slits in the top of each one. Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Photo: Muffet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment