As part of my ballroom dance class, we had the opportunity to compete in BYU's National Dancesport Championships this past weekend. SO MUCH FUN. I've always wanted to learn to dance, and I've never had the opportunity before coming to BYU, so I am availing myself of BYU's top-notch dance classes while I can. I am currently in my third ballroom class (bronze-level international standard--the other two were social dance) and my partner and I competed on Friday and Saturday in quickstep and waltz, respectively.
Yes, that does say Fifth Place. And yes, it is mine. :) My partner and I made it to the final round in quickstep on Friday! I was so proud of us. Not too shabby for my second dance competition EVER. (I competed in cha-cha last winter for my Social Dance 180 class.) I greatly enjoy dancing, and it's a great way to fit some exercise in--I'd rather dance than run, ya know? I may even try out for one of the lower-level dance teams this spring--we'll see what happens.

No comments:
Post a Comment