Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass--it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Daughter, Fan, and So TOTALLY Gangster. Yo.

I had a FABULOUS weekend--I really did. Highlights:

  • My mom and grandma came into town. It's always great to spend time with them, even if it was brief. I saw them Friday night and Saturday morning.
  • Thanks to the generosity of my Aunt Kristie and Uncle Jeff, I was able to attend the final BYU men's basketball home game against Wyoming. AMAZING. I sat (well, stood) in the student section screaming my lungs out. Oh yeah, and participated in the biggest, most awesome flashmob EVER during the second half. Check it out:
Do you see me? I'm the one in white waaaaaaay up in the nosebleed section. You don't see me? That's okay--I can't see me either. :) It was absolutely incredible to be a part of that--it made us feel so united as fans and as students at BYU, and I think it really enhanced the atmosphere. Obviously, WE WON 102-78. Thanks again to my aunt and uncle for making it possible for me to be there and see the Mountain West Conference Champions and Jimmer's last game in the Marriott Center.

  • Right after the basketball game I had to rush home so our FHE group could film our absolutely ridiculous video for the ward Oscars featuring the gangsters (the girls) vs. the nuns (the guys) in an epic basketball battle with none other than Jimmer Fredette (represented by Paul wearing a paper cutout of his face) swooping in to save the nuns from certain defeat. As soon as I can get my hands on those pictures I'll post them. We girls were so totally gangster. YO. Complete with baggy sweatshirts, bandannas, foil grilles, and washable marker tattoos. And of course, right after we filmed we had to rush and get ready for the Saturday session of stake conference--I had to go with remnants of THUG LIFE written across my knuckles. Look reeeeeeally closely, and you can still see them.

I think the CTR ring is a nice touch, don't you? 

So, did I get any homework done this weekend? Absolutely not. We'll see what the week brings.

1 comment:

  1. you are welcome! :) I am glad you had a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete