Tired from having to get up and go to work at 7:00 this morning after a very late night, I walked out of my British Lit class this morning dragging my feet and thinking about all the things I need to do and all the ways I feel like I'm falling short.
I wish I was better at managing my time. I wish I had the time and self-discipline to do everything I need to do and the good things I would like to do as well. I wish my head wasn't pounding from lack of sleep. I wish I had time to study and master the material for the test I'm taking on Wednesday. I wish I could go home and go to bed. But alas, no rest for the weary.
So I'm thinking about all these things as I walk across the quad between the administration building and the library, looking up at the gray, dreary sky over the mountains, when music comes blasting over a loudspeaker from the direction of Brigham Square.
"Don't Stop Believing" by Journey.
Thanks, Journey. I won't stop believing.
No comments:
Post a Comment