My friends, March Madness is upon us. And it's catching. I think I've caught a pretty good case of it this year, as evidenced last night by:
- Filling out a rather last-minute bracket in the library instead of reading my T.S. Eliot for my lit class (Eliot...basketball...Eliot--DEFINITELY basketball.)
- Ditching the library early for the express purpose of watching the game
- Yelling, "REBOUND!" and "YES! I LOVE YOU!" and other such things to the players while I'm sitting by myself in my room streaming the game over the Internet
- Getting up periodically during roommate dinner to run back to my room and see the score
- Checking and re-checking first-round bracket results during time-outs
- Catching the end of the Utah State-Kansas State game (it was a good one--you gotta respect those Aggies for fighting to the end)
- Staying up late talking to my roommate about said results and the upcoming game against Gonzaga
- Anticipating the next day's results impatiently (I'm actually doing decently well in my bracket thus far)
So perhaps I'm not as hardcore as some, but for me this is a bit of a change from years past. And it's kind of fun. So bring on the madness--one cannot always be sensible. :) GO COUGARS!
Photo credit: laffy4k on flickr

So fun! We're definitely feeling the "madness" in our house, too.
ReplyDelete