You know how I said I didn't do any homework this weekend? Yeah, about that... This is a synopsis of some of my thoughts on this crazy, very-Monday Monday, if you know what I mean.
8:16 AM (Looking in the mirror with tired eyes): Yep, definitely a ponytail day. Ponytail days are days when I'm too tired to put much effort into how I look; I just put my hair up, put on some cover-up and mascara, and try not to look at myself in the mirror the rest of the day.
8:35 AM (5 minutes before I have to leave for school): Oh, dang--those three usage exercises for my usage class are due today! Um, guess I'll try to do some of that on the way to class...
Outcome: I forgot that my professor switched our schedule up a little, so we had a review session with the TA today instead of going over our homework. Phew. But I REALLY need to study for that midterm coming up on Friday...Gulp.
10:01 AM (Latin Class): My teacher: "Does anyone have an assignment for me today?" Me: Nope. Completely forgot about that assignment that today was the last day to turn in for full credit. Oops. I guess I'll just have to take the fall on that one.
10:57 AM (3 minutes before British Lit): Nice. I needed to print out a copy of my poem I'm supposed to share in British Lit today... Well, no time now.
Outcome: I thankfully had my computer with me, and could pull it up on there.
12:20 PM (on lunch break): Great. This assignment for grammar is NOT working for me. I have no idea how to do this, and class is in 40 minutes...
Outcome: I emailed the TA, and he gave me a few tips--I can email it to him tonight.
3:15 PM (walking out of the Testing Center): Yep--definitely failed that New Testament quiz. And you know what? I don't even care. Okay, so I didn't technically fail it, but pretty close--I got a 62. But I didn't need to care, thankfully--our lowest quiz score is dropped, and I have done well on all the other ones. I'll have to study with my packet AND my scriptures like I usually do--I didn't have my scriptures with me today.
3:16 PM: It's RAINING!! My poor Pumas! Cats don't like water. My black Puma Speedcats are my favorite shoes--unfortunately, they're suede, which means water isn't very good for them. I did waterproof them, but I don't like to wear them when it's pouring rain, like it was today. I tried as best I could to avoid the really big puddles.
As I walked home, gradually getting soaked, I had to laugh to myself. So many things went wrong today that it was kind of funny. No, I did NOT go out and buy myself chocolate, like I was sorely tempted to do. Sometimes you just have to press forward and face the consequences of your own actions. And you know what? Today really wasn't that bad after all. Things work out. Sure, maybe things don't get done as soon or as well as I want them to, but they get done, and it all turns out okay.
Photo credit: Rupok Chowdhury

No comments:
Post a Comment