Confession: I am compulsive reader.
What does this mean? This means that once I start a book, I have a REEEALLY hard time stopping before I finish it. I just
have to know what happens, you know? This has been a persistent problem since I was old enough to read myself to sleep at night with a flashlight in elementary school.
Case in point: I got home from work about 8:00 the other night and had two chapters of Caesar's
De Gallo Bello to translate for the next day. The problem? I picked up
The Goose Girl, by Shannon Hale, which my roommate had lent to me recently. The internal monologue (soliloquy?) went something like this:
Tuesday, 8:14 pm
"I should really start translating my Latin... I'll just read one chapter of this book first."
The same night, 10:00 pm, 53 pages later
"I
really need to start my Latin... One more chapter..."
This is why I can't pick up a fun book during the semester; I read my book and procrastinate my homework. Not so good. I'll be better, I promise... just let me finish this chapter first.
No comments:
Post a Comment