Suddenly, I remembered a recipe in a little cookbook I got when I graduated from high school.
"Anne, want to try an experiment with me?"
So my roommate and I, partners in our chocolate craving, got to work on Minute Chocolate Mug Cake. It's a little recipe you mix up in a mug, pop in a microwave, and out comes a little cake! Perfect for a Sunday-night chocolate craving.
Before microwave. Mmmm--chocolate!
After microwave--finished product
Mug shots
Consensus: Excellent idea, with good potential. A little dry (we put ours in a little longer than the recipe said), so we thought it would be good made with applesauce or more milk or something. It would also be good warm with chocolate syrup, more chocolate chips, and whipped cream. Yum yum.
We like to think we were having a preparatory celebration for the big news we were about to hear. :)
Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
I large hot chocolate mug
4 Tbsp flour
4 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp. baking cocoa
1 egg
3 Tbsp milk
3 Tbsp oil
3 Tbsp chocolate chips
Small splash of vanilla
Add dry ingredients to mug; mix well. Add egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in milk and oil and mix well. Add chocolate chips and vanilla and mix again. Put mug in microwave and cook for 3 min. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little and tip onto plate if desired. Enjoy!
--Janice Hendry



MUG SHOTS? MUG SHOTS! Boooooooooo. Corn, corn corn boy do girls love corn! But alas, I look in the mirror and I look at my wonderful daughter Ariel and say, "Yup, that's my girl". Love ya lots. Dad
ReplyDelete