![]() |
| Eat more chicken. |
I gotta say--I made me some mean chicken quesadillas for dinner tonight. They were pretty quick and easy, and quite tasty, too, if I do say so myself (and I do!). The perfect dish for a starving college student on a Saturday night. I would have a picture of said quesadillas, but... I ate them all before I thought about taking one (emphasis on starving in the term "starving college student").
Quesadillas, Ariel Style
Step 1. Thaw and cut 1 chicken breast into small chunks.
Step 2. In a medium skillet, fry chicken in 2 Tbsp. oil and minced onion to taste until meat is white all the way through and juices run clear.
Step 3. Season chicken with chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper, to taste.
Step 4. Transfer chicken to plate; wipe out skillet (carefully!) with paper towel.
Step 5. Put grated cheese and other desired toppings (broccoli--my favorite--or beans or other chopped veggies, for example) on flour tortilla. Put part of chicken on top of cheese, top with more cheese, and fold tortilla in half.
Step 6. Fry quesadilla in skillet on medium-high heat until the cheese inside is melted into gooey yummyness and the tortilla is slightly crisp and golden brown on both sides.
Step 7. Transfer quesadilla to plate. Cut in half, if desired. Enjoy!
Makes 2 delicious quesadillas.
Picture credit: jelene

No comments:
Post a Comment